This time of year makes everyone reflect back on the past year. So in that spirit I bring you;
Jim's Top 9 things that happened in 2009:
9. No dates! That's right, you read that correctly. I did not go on any date in 2009. Pathetic I know... I was very focused on my career at the beginning of the year. I was asked out by a few guys but something always came up and I asked guys out, but again, "something came up". Let's hope things are different for me in 2010!!!
8. Tarot Cards: This year I started on a new spiritual journey when I got my new Tarot Cards and accompanying explanation book. The few readings I have done for myself and others have been amazing. In 2010 I will write about each reading in a journal.
7. New tattoo: Although very recent, it was a significant event that I got my third tattoo. I have been thinking of getting a 3rd ever since I got the second one in 2008 (yes, they are addicting). I think this is my last one.
6. 365 days of blogging: I have posted a blog entry for 365 days in 2009! Whew! I have met many new people that I hope will be friends for many many years to come. It's been fun to let the world have a peek into my life (and my shower) over this last year!
5. Marrying my friends: When I became a minister of Universal Life Church I never thought I would actually perform a marriage ceremony. I was honored to be asked by my close friends Troy and Sunshyne to perform their marriage on June 20, 2009. I was way more nervous about it than they were.
4. Passing my Series 7 and 63 licensing for work: In January 2009 I was told that my job as I knew it was being eliminated but another job was available. The new job required that I become licensed to sell investments. After a failed attempt in March I finally passed in the beginning of May!! YAY, I get to keep working!
3. Sky diving adventure: I have always wanted to do this! So when a friend asked me (on a Friday night) if I wanted to go (Saturday morning) I jumped at the chance! And it lived up to what I thought it would be and even more!! I can't wait to go again! It was AMAZING!!
2. My legal name change: I already was known to most people as Jim... so why change it legally? That's a question I've been asked a lot when people find out that I did this. Well, I went by James in school and I have completely changed since then. I have never liked being called James since and yet all corporate employee records and everything had that name. So I changed it! It's been an adventure getting driver's license, social security cards, passports, mortgage, vehicle title, etc. all changed.
1. Mormon No More! For quite a while I have not been associated with the Mormon church. And I have also not been calling myself Christian. I'm on a course in life to find out and learn as much as I can about other religions of the world and I don't really believe the way back to God is only through Jesus. Then when the Mormons
There you go... 2009, a year in review.
Bring on 2010! I am ready for what this new year has in store.