March 21, 2011

Random Stuff

This last weekend I got to celebrate Ostara with many people who also celebrate the Vernal Equinox. It was also a Super Moon!

After sundown on Saturday night after they closed the gates to the public. The owners then opened up the grounds for a traditional Equinox celebration for the vendors and those camping. There was the big bright full moon shining down on us as people celebrated in a traditional way or more neo-pagan ways. There was a huge bonfire in the middle. Drummers on their darbukas (hand drums) in various shapes and sounds were playing, people were dancing and wines, meads, loki, lambic and other stronger drinks were shared among friends and new acquaintances.


Of course I was rocking the kilt again and was dancing around the fire. This isn't the first time I've done it, this picture was from a similar bonfire after the ren fest in Houston.

(heehee... performing the fine art of beercan-bellydancing)


When I got back into Dallas on Sunday afternoon I caught the tail end of TBR (Texas Bear Round Up). The patio at the Sunday afternoon beer bust was crowded! I finally found Erik who was visit with the Husbear from Pea Ridge. There were so many bears to oogle. Like this one with an awesome bubble butt! Erik got a better picture of it.

Of course I went up to talk to him! We compared our Rampant Lion tattoos (you can see his in this picture if you embiggen it).

It's been a while since I've had to rest up from a long and busy weekend.

6 comments:

Buddy Bear said...

Hot picture of you!!!

anne marie in philly said...

suh-WEET!

I think the moon sighting here was a bust; same size as always. I haz a dissapoint.

spring is here, and so are my allergies!

Ur-spo said...

I want to be a pagan; they always look so happy and sensual
I always appreciate your skin photos - more !

RG said...

You like to drink, don't you? LOL

D@vid said...

Damn, that boy is cute. :)

Erik Rubright said...

It was great seeing you again! And all the guys there at the Hidden Door as well!